Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sweetness of Summer

Right now as I write my son, Ezra, sleeps on his mommy's tummy. Last summer about this time I was already pregnant with him and working a lot at a local grocery store. But also at this time last summer I was not aware that I was pregnant nor did I know I was pregnant with a sweet little boy.
The joys of motherhood are so amazing, I carried this little guy for 9 months and pushed really hard for him to come out about 3 months ago, but ended up receiving a C-section. Somewhat depressing, but I was for sure too tired to push anymore especially after having nearly nothing to eat except teddy grahams from the night before.
Now instead of working nearly full time hours at a grocery store, I have a completely different role at home and enjoy spending all the sweetest days of summer with my boy versus people who complain about everything. Such an exciting time in my life to watch him, Ezra, grow and develop by picking up teethers and chew on them and chew on his fist. We enjoy each others company a lot and enjoy many naps together and walks with friends.
Ezra, has been my inspiration to get closer in my walk with Christ. Every morning I spend some time in God's word and have thoughtful conversations with my husband about what I'm learning. I think my time in scripture really helps me to be a more wise and patient mom and person. And I'm really enjoying a book that was recommended on another blog I follow. The book is: "All I Need is Jesus and a Good Pair of Jeans" by Susanna Foth Aughtmon. Susanna takes the inner thoughts of women and puts into words better than I can ever describe to my husband.
I will continue to enjoy the sweetness of summer with Ezra, Dustin, and a break from teaching.

1 comment:

  1. I love Susanna! Do you follow her blog as well? Glad to hear you are enjoying your summer with Ezra!

    ReplyDelete